Saturday 3 March 2012

Robocalls in Okanagan Shuswap


As far as I know, members in our riding were not targeted by misleading or rude phone calls during the last election. However, I did receive one last week that was very suspicious. It asked me to start a survey by identifying myself as an NDP member by pressing 1. This is not normal NDP behaviour especially seeing that a lot of people seem to already have that information.

Give me a call if you know of any incidents during the election, or after. Otherwise, I'm just going to sit back and watch the dinosaurs thrashing their tails.

Elections Canada has a form on their web site if you received" a call during the May 2, 2011 election period that you feel interfered with your right to vote?
The Commissioner of Canada Elections wants to hear from you."

2 comments:

  1. Election Canada's form did not work for me but they supply an e-mail address for people to use.

    Thanks for posting this info

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know four people who haven't yet received their pin numbers. Can you please post a blog on what to do about that? and if they don't get them before the voting - how can they vote for the new leader?

    Thanks very much

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete